Respondent: Due to oversight, a copy of the account opening form could not be provided to the appellant in compliance with the order of FAA - CIC: obtain a copy of the account opening form from the Liability Central Processing Centre and furnish it
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), State Bank of India, Regional Business Office, Aligarh,, Uttar Pradesh seeking information on three points pertaining to his current account, including, inter-alia
(i) whether the current account No. 10499772768 was opened as a staff account or a general pubic account,
(ii) a verified copy of the account opening form and
(iii) whether account keeping charges, minimum balance charges are applicable to staff account.
2. The appellant filed a second appeal before the Commission on the grounds that incomplete information has been provided by the CPIO. He also did not comply with the Order of FAA. The appellant requested the Commission to direct the CPIO to furnish complete information sought by him and to punish the CPIO for not complying with the order of the FAA and also for the unnecessary delay in providing information.
3. The appellant was not present despite notice. The respondent Shri Pankaj Chopra, AGM, State Bank of India, Regional Business Office, Aligarh attended the hearing through video conferencing.
4. The respondent submitted that point wise information was furnished to the appellant vide letter dated 24.09.2015. The respondent, however, submitted that due to oversight a copy of the account opening form could not be provided to the appellant in compliance with the order of the FAA dated 28.12.2015. The respondent tendered his unconditional apology for this lapse and requested the Commission to condone the same.
5. The Commission, after hearing the submissions of both the parties and perusing the records, directs the respondent to obtain a copy of the account opening form from the Liability Central Processing Centre (LCPC) and furnish it to the appellant within a period of four weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order.
6. With the above observations, the appeal is disposed of.
7. Copy of the decision be provided free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Ramveer Singh vs. CPIO, State Bank of India, Decision No. CIC/SBIND/A/2017/180117, dated 16.02.2018