Appellant: As per newspaper clipping, the national flag was hoisted wrongly at the SBI Branch - FAA directed the PIO to enquire into the matter & inform the appellant accordingly - PIO informed that no such incident took place - CIC disposed of the appeal
1. The appellant, Shri Kasim Saifi, submitted RTI application dated 21.08.2013 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), State Bank of India, Moradabad seeking information in respect of hoisting of national flag at SBI, Agwanpur, Moradabad on Independence Day on 15.8.2013 in an inappropriate manner and sought to know action taken against the erring officials.
2. The CPIO vide letter dated 21.09.2013 informed the appellant that the national flag was rightly hoisted at the Branch in question on 15.8.2013 and therefore the question of taking any action against any official did not arise. Dissatisfied with the reply of the CPIO, the appellant filed an appeal on 01.10.2013 before the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA vide order dated 30.10.2013 concurred with the reply of the CPIO. However, the FAA directed the CPIO that in case of any enquiry conducted in this regard, the appellant should be informed accordingly.
3. Thereafter, the appellant filed the instant appeal before the Commission.
4. The matter was heard by the Commission. The appellant stated that as per newspaper clipping it was established that the national flag was hoisted wrongly at the SBI Branch in question on 15th August, 2013. The respondents stated that the appellant in his first appeal established his claim by quoting newspaper clippings. The FAA had directed the CPIO to enquire into the matter and inform the appellant accordingly. In compliance with the directions of the FAA, after getting the matter enquired into, the CPIO vide letter dated 9.11.2013 informed the appellant that no such incident took place.
5. The Commission accepts the submissions of the respondents and hold that the appellant had been adequately replied to by the respondent. The appeal is disposed of.
Citation: Shri Kasim Saifi v. State Bank of India in Appeal: No. CIC/KY/A/2014/000416/MP