Applicant complained to LIC that his commission in respect of his Agency Code No. has been credited against wrong PAN No. - He sought to know about action taken by LIC - CIC: LIC to confirm in writing that the correct PAN No. has been put into the system
1. The appellant, Shri Prabhat Kumar Sinha, submitted RTI application dated 23.06.2014 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Life Insurance Corporation of India, Hazaribagh informed that his commission in respect of his Agency Code No. 0018451J credited against wrong PAN No. AHVPS5687J instead of AHYPS6787J and he requested LIC of India Gamia Branch to get it corrected through NSDL during the financial years 2008-09 and 2009-10 through his letters dated 6.6.2012, 6.2.2013 and 7.8.2013 and sought to know action taken by LIC of India in this regard.
2. The CPIO vide letter dated 08.08.2014 informed the appellant that his PAN number AHVP567875 had been got corrected through NSDL. Dissatisfied with the reply of the CPIO the appellant filed an appeal on 8.9.2014 before the first appellate authority (FAA) on the grounds that the CPIO had again quoted wrong PAN number in his reply. The FAA had not adjudicated on appellant’s first appeal till the date of filing the instant appeal before the Commission.
3. Thereafter the appellant filed the present appeal before the Commission stating that he had been informed that the correction in the TDS certificate has been done by the NSDL under PAN No. AHVPS67875 which was incorrect PAN No. and, therefore, the claim of the respondents that PAN No. has been corrected is incorrect.
4. The matter was heard by the Commission. The respondents stated that they had made the required corrections and the appellant can see the status report on their website and can also see the status under agency master. They reiterated their stand that correct information had been got put in the system about the appellant’s PAN No.
5. In view of the doubts raised by the appellant regarding his PAN No., the Commission directs the respondents to confirm in writing to the appellant that the correct PAN No. has been put into the system and also provide a printout of the corrected entry from the website severing any third party information within one week of the receipt of the order of the Commission. The appeal is disposed of.
Citation: Shri Prabhat Kumar Sinha v. Life Insurance Corporation of India in Appeal: No. CIC/MP/A/2014/002188