Certified copy of the enquiry report submitted by the Investigation Officer (IO), Police Station Kotla Mubarakpur, Delhi in the matter of appellant’s complaint was sought - CIC: Provide a copy of the Enquiry Report to the appellant within four weeks
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application dated 23.12.2013 under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Delhi Police seeking a certified copy of the enquiry report submitted by the Investigation Officer (IO), Police Station Kotla Mubarakpur, Delhi in the matter of his complaint dated 06.07.2012 addressed to the Commissioner of Police, Police Headquarters (PHQ) along with the Action Taken Report in respect of the First Information Report (FIR) no. 204/12 dated 15.09.2012.
2. The appellant filed a second appeal before the Commission on the grounds that incomplete information was furnished by the CPIO and that the First Appellate Authority (FAA) had upheld the reply of the CPIO. The appellant requested the Commission to direct the CPIO to provide a certified copy of the detailed Enquiry Report, submitted by Shri Saleem, Sub-Inspector and the IO, Police Station, Kotla Mubarakpur to him.
3. The appellant Shri Nanak Chand Sharma was present in person. The respondent was not present despite notice.
4. The appellant submitted that vide his RTI application he had sought a certified copy of the Enquiry Report submitted by the IO of Police Station, Kotla Mubarakpur. However, misleading information was furnished by the respondent as the Report of the enquiry conducted by Shri Jeet Singh, Sub Inspector and Special Staff, South District, Delhi was appended with the reply of the CPIO dated 23.01.2014. The appellant further submitted that he had sought the Enquiry Report of Shri Saleem, the then IO, Police Station, Kotla Mubarakpur. However, it was not provided by the respondent. The appellant also stated that he is aggrieved with the FAA’s Order dated 26.03.2013, which had upheld the reply of the CPIO. The appellant also submitted that the detailed Enquiry Report regarding his complaint was submitted by Shri Saleem to the higher authorities and on the basis of the same Report, a reply was furnished to Hon’ble Shri Moti Lal Vohra, Member of Parliament, vide letter dated 17.08.2012, by the then Joint Commissioner of Police, South Western Range, Delhi. The appellant also emphasized that, as per his knowledge, the Enquiry Report has not been submitted in the Hon’ble Saket District Court, Delhi by the respondent.
5. The Commission, after hearing the submissions of the appellant and perusing the records, observes that the information sought by the appellant has not been furnished by the respondent. The Commission, therefore, directs the CPIO, South District, Delhi, to provide a copy of the Enquiry Report submitted by Shri Saleem, the then IO, Police Station, Kotla Mubarakpur, Delhi, to the appellant within a period of four weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this Order.
6. With the above observations, the appeal is disposed of.
7. Copy of the decision be provided free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Nanak Chand Sharma v. Delhi Police in Decision No. CIC/VS/A/2014/001252/SB Dated 17.05.2017