CIC: The FAA ought to have ensured compliance of his orders - CIC: The information has been furnished with avoidable delay - CIC: As the then PIO had superannuated, the Commission took a lenient view and disposed the appeal16 Jun, 2019
Information sought and background of the case:
The Appellant vide RTI application dated Nil, sought information as follows:
1. Hierarchy list of workers working as Beldar Asstt. Pump Driver in EDMC.
2. Promotion hierarchy of workers working as Beldar Asstt. Pump Driver in EDMC.
3. Probation period for workers working in EDMC.
4. List of workers working as electrician fitter, diesel mechanic, vehicle driver in EDMC(E&M).
5. List of Pump Houses under EDMC that are under contract.
6. Persons who maintained the Pump Houses under EDMC (E&M).
The PIO vide letters dated 07.03.2017 and 08.03.2017 provided point wise information to the Appellant.
Being dissatisfied, the Appellant filed First Appeal dated 07.04.2017.
The FAA, SE(Elect.)/EDMC vide order dated 16.06.2017 directed the PIO to furnish a reply with respect to all points within twenty days.
Feeling aggrieved over the non-compliance of FAO, the Appellant approached the Commission with the instant Second Appeal.
Facts emerging in Course of Hearing:
The Appellant is absent despite service of notice for hearing.
The PIO is present and reports compliance of the FAA.
Detailed written submissions placed on record. The Commission notes that the information has been furnished upon receipt of notice from the Commission. The PIO submits that the then PIO has superannuated.
The Commission observes that the FAA ought to have ensured compliance of his orders. Be that as it may, the information has been furnished with avoidable delay. However, in view of the submission of the PIO, the Commission takes a lenient view.
The Appeal is disposed off.
Y. K. Sinha
Citation: Shri Bijendra Kumar v. O/o. the Addl. Commissioner-(Engg.)/HQ. EDMC, Engg. Department in Second Appeal No. CIC/EDMCD/A/2017/155526, Date of Decision : 31.05.2019