The complainant sought to know action taken by the CBSE on the application for amendment in the date of birth of her daughter - CIC: As the date of birth of the complainant’s daughter has been corrected by the Board, no further action is called for
1. Smt. Geeta Singh, the complainant, sought to know inquiry/action taken by the Board on the application dated 18.11.2011 submitted to the Principal, Central Academy Sr. Sec. School, Gorakhpur, for amendment in the date of birth of Ms. Sushmita Singh and the date when the amended certificate would be issued to Ms. Sushmita.
2. The complainant, not having received any response from the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) within the stipulated time period, approached the Commission with a request to direct the CPIO to provide the desired information to the complainant as no response was given to her till the date of filing of complaint.
3. The matter was heard by the Commission. The complainant was not present despite the notice for hearing having been duly sent to him.
4. The respondent submitted that the CPIO had responded to the complainant's RTI application, vide reply dated 21.3.2012 but, the same was returned to the office with the postal remark “incomplete postal address”. The respondent added that corrective action had been taken by their office, duly amending the complainant’s daughter's date of birth and revised certificate in that regard had also been issued to the school concerned on 31.10.2013, by speed post. The complainant was not present to put forth her contentions.
5. On hearing the respondent and perusing the available records, the Commission observes that the CPIO had responded to the complainant’s RTI application, providing the available information, as per the records. In view of the necessary action relating to correction of the date of birth of the complainant’s daughter by the Board having been taken already, no further action on the part of the Commission is called for in the matter.
The complaint is closed.
Citation: Smt. Geeta Singh v. Central Board for Secondary Education in Appeal No. CIC/RM/C/2013/000552/MP, Date of Decision : September 18, 2017