Funds allotted by the MoD to the Commandant, 5 Field Ordnance Depot and related information - PIO: Only after the receipt of the CIC’s hearing notice, they came to know about the RTI application - CIC: Collect the information and provide to the appellant
The appellant has sought the following information:
1. Provide total funds allotted by the Ministry of Defence to the Commandant, 5 Field Ordnance Depot, Pin – 909905, C/o 99 APO during the financial year 2020-21 under heads MT, Ordnance & Clothing.
2. Provide total funds utilized till date by the Commandant, 5 Field Ordnance Depot, Pin – 909905, C/o 99 APO during the financial year 2020-21 under heads MT, Ordnance & Clothing.
3. Provide system of procurement followed for all the supply orders placed during the FY 2020-21.
4. Provide the names of vendors with complete address to whom the supply orders were placed along with the items nomenclature, A/U, Qty, Rate, Amount, GST & total amount during the FY 2020-21.
5. And other related information.
Grounds for filing Second Appeal:
The CPIO did not provide the desired information.
Submissions made by Appellant and Respondent during Hearing:
The representative of the appellant submitted that till date no reply has been provided to him.
The CPIO in his written submissions dated 24.02.2022 had stated that the above mentioned RTI application was not received by them and also informed that they do not deal in items against which information was sought as their work is related with ration procurement for Armed Forces.
From a perusal of the relevant case records, it is noted that no reply has been given to the appellant till date. The CPIO in his submissions had stated that it was only after the receipt of the CIC’s hearing notice that they came to know about the present RTI application and it has been also informed that they do not deal with the subject matter of the RTI application.
On a query to the CPIO as to whether he is aware as to who is the holder of the information, he submitted that he is willing to provide a reply and he may be given some time for providing a reply.
In view of the above, the CPIO is directed to collect the information from its holder and provide the same to the appellant alongwith a copy of the written submissions dated 24.02.2022 within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt of this order under intimation to the Commission.
The appeal is disposed of accordingly.
Vanaja N. Sarna
Citation: Preeti Jalan v. Army Purchase Organisation in File No.:- CIC/APORG/A/2020/687613, Date of Decision : 11/03/2022