Information about nonissuance of revised PPO consequent on revision of pension on the recommendations of Vth & VIth Pay Commission - Respondent: a revised PPO would be sent soon - CIC: provide the information within 30 days to the appellant
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application with the PIO on 13.4.2012 seeking information about nonissuance of revised PPO consequent on revision of pension on the recommendations of Vth and VIth Pay Commission. The PIO, while enclosing a copy of revised PPO on the basis of VI Pay Commission, informed the appellant on 22.5.2012 that it was not possible to revise his PPO on the basis of Vth pay Commission at that late stage.
2. Not satisfied with the reply of PIO, the appellant filed his first appeal on 6.6.2012 with the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA upheld the reply of CPIO on 18.7.2012. The appellant approached the Commission on 24.8.2012 in second appeal.
3. The appellant participated in the hearing personally. The respondent participated in the hearing through video conferencing.
4. The appellant referred to his RTI application of 13.4.2012 in which he had explained the background of his pension matter and also the points on which he had sought information. The appellant stated that he had retired from service on 31.3.1986, but the pension which he is getting today, has not taken into account the grade pay revision that had been recommended by the Vth and VIth Pay Commission. The appellant stated that his present pension has not recognized the recommendations of the pay commission subsequent to his retirement and that the PPO which has been sent to the appellant, does not reflect the correct position.
5. The respondent stated that a response was sent to the appellant on 22.5.2012 in reply to his RTI application conveying him that the revised PPO had been sent and that he was also informed about the circular of the Government dated 14.10.2008. Subsequently, on filing by the appellant his first appeal with the FAA and second appeal with the Commission, he was conveyed the correct position on 17.7.2012 and 1.10.2012 respectively.
6. The appellant stated that he is seeking the following information:
(i) The pension fixed by the respondent after Vth Pay Commission recommendations and the basis;
(ii) The pension fixed by the respondent after VIth Pay Commission recommendations and the basis; and
(iii) The calculation sheets for both the pension fixations
7. The respondent stated that the respondent organization is currently engaged in a large exercise involving more than 8000 employees and very soon a revised PPO would be sent to the appellant along with others and that this exercise was coming to its concluding stage. The respondent also stated that in so far as the information sought by the appellant on the 3 points, that would also be provided in the next few weeks.
8. The respondent is directed to provide to the appellant, within 30 days of this order, information on the three points mentioned in para 6 above. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of the decision be given free of cost to both the parties.
Citation: Shri Vishwa Nath v. North Western Railway in Decision No. CIC/AD/A/2012/002903/VS/05973