Information about the statewise list of newspapers/ magazines approved by DAVP including their circulation was sought from Min of Information & Broadcasting - CIC: procure the information from DAVP as is available and provide it to the appellant
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application with the PIO on 4.12.2012 seeking information about the Statewise list of newspapers/ periodicals/magazines approved by DAVP, checking of circulation of the newspapers/magazines from 1.4.2011 till date. In all, information was sought on 4 points, the 4th point having 4 subpoints. The CPIO responded pointwise on 10.1.2013.
2. However, before receiving the reply of PIO, the appellant filed his first appeal on 24.1.2013 with the first appellate authority (FAA). No reply of the FAA is available on the file. The appellant approached the Commission on 15.2.2013 in second appeal.
3. The appellant did not participate in the hearing.
4. The respondent participated in the hearing and stated that the RTI application of 4.12.2012 was responded to by the CPIO on 10.1.2013.
5. The respondent stated that in respect of the various questions asked in the RTI application, the CPIO informed the appellant that the questions pertained to DAVP. With regard to point No.2, the appellant was informed that it was not clear to them and hence they sought a clarification.
6. What emerged from the hearing was that the respondent should procure the information from the concerned wings/offices and provide the same to the appellant.
7. The respondent is directed to procure the information sought in the RTI application from the concerned unit as is available and provide it to the appellant within 30 days of this order. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of the decision be given free of cost to both the parties.
Citation: Shri Ashok Verma v. M/o Information & Broadcasting in Decision No. CIC/SM/A/2013/000552/VS/05949