Information about vacancy, recruitment and promotion - CIC: Information sought is very wide and non-specific; It pertains to almost all the cadres and therefore, compilation of such information would be a herculean task - CIC: Provide copy of the roster
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), M/o. Mines, Indian Bureau of Mines, Nagpur seeking following information:-
1. “No. of vacant posts in the office of Regional Controller of Mines since 01-04-2016 including no of posts filled through DPC/direct recruitment.
2. Complete documents pertaining to all the promotions since 01-04- 2016.
3. Copy of the roster register of Regional Controller of Mines since 01- 04-2008. etc.”
2. The CPIO responded on 29-05-2018. The appellant filed the first appeal dated 05-06-2018 which was disposed of by the first appellate authority on 15-06- 2018. Thereafter, he filed a second appeal u/Section 19(3) A second appeal against the decision under sub-section (1) shall lie within ninety days from the date on which the decision should have been made or was actually received, with the Central Information Commission or the State Information Commission: Provided that the Central Information Commission or the State Information Commission, as the case may be, may admit the appeal after the expiry of the period of ninety days if it is satisfied that the appellant was prevented by sufficient cause from filing the appeal in time. of the RTI Act before the Commission requesting to take appropriate legal action against the CPIO u/Section 20 of the RTI Act, 2005 and also to direct him to provide the sought for information.
3. The appellant, Mr. Pukhraj Neniwal attended the hearing through video conferencing. Ms. S. Jyoti Naidu, AAO participated in the hearing representing the respondent through video conferencing. The written submissions are taken on record.
4. The appellant stated that the respondent should be directed to provide him the complete information so that he could defend his promotion related matter.
5. The respondent submitted that the information sought by the appellant is very wide and non-specific. Further, she informed the Commission that it pertains to almost all the cadres and therefore, compilation of such information would be a herculean task.
6. This Commission observes that the appellant has sought very wide information spanning over a large period of time without mentioning any specific document/record. Therefore, the information sought by the appellant is general in nature which also contains exempted third party information and therefore, no direction can be issued to the respondent for compilation of such extensive records.
7. However, the CPIO is directed to provide a copy of the roster register of the Regional Controller of Mines since 01-04-2008 to the appellant, as available in records, within a period of 15 working days from the date of receipt of this order.
8. With the above observations, the appeal is disposed of.
9. Copy of the decision be provided free of cost to the parties.
Neeraj Kumar Gupta
Citation: Pukhraj Neniwal v. M/o. Mines, Indian Bureau Of Mines in Second Appeal No. CIC/IBOMN/A/2018/156850, Date: 07-07-2020